Another post on the subject of Whiptail today, I have recently been farming tonnes and tonnes of this herb and you know why? People assume the nerf to the spawn rates where drastic, when infact they weren't and I can farm 50 Stacks of Whiptail in an hour at the right time. I leveled my Druid the other day from 0 -> 525 Hebalism in 4 Hours and you can do it too and its so worth it. My route is showed on this map, its basically looping all the grassy area's.
The reason I am farming herbs is due to the Darkmoon Fair which is coming up next sunday, me and a friend are pooling all of our herbs and resources together to make as much gold as we can in the few weeks of the fair and the few weeks after it. There are very little clued up auctioneers on my server, making domination simple if you know what you are doing. We currently have around 15 Decks ready and are farming more every day, I have invested around 50k of herbs into this venture with the hope I will make a huge margin. Are you doing anything to prepare for the Fair?
On a personal note this week me and my guild got [Glory of the Cataclysm Raider], meaning I am now "Grogar, Defender of a Shattered World" and people are riding around on purple birdies! It was a thrill to down all the normal content and now we will move onto the heroics and have fun doing so.
/Grogar

I've been watching the darkmoon decks & cards this last week or two - I seem to have about 10 regular names popping up & another 4 or 5 who surface in trade to try to trade cards periodically. I think I was very lucky last month with my 2 decks so I'm just gonna keep watching for now. Prices seem to be dropping rapidly too - I've seen tsunami deck at 7.5k whereas I sold mine for 22k-ish last month :(
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping for around 15k Average per deck, earthquake is around 8k whilst the others are in there low twenties. My server is awesome for gold making ;)
ReplyDeleteThis might not be a bad idea. The value of decks can only go down as time (and patches) go on This might be the last real DMF before 4.1 madness grips the players.
ReplyDeleteI might consider going a bit crazy and using some of my stashed Whiptail to build a few decks.
I've been burned by the DMCs in the past though. Thought I was making a 30k item and ended up only barely getting my investment back at 15k.
I can't be the only one thinking of doing this though. Selling single cards may be the way to go for me at least leading up to and at the beginning of the faire.
All else fails I make a few trinkets before the faire leaves to sell in between faires.